A Saugatuck Tradition, 60 Years & Counting
The Butler has been a staple of casual waterfront and outdoor dining in downtown Saugatuck for more than 60 years. Enjoy fresh seafood and classic American fare (including our famous Butler Burger) by dining with us, ordering takeout, or ordering delivery today.
Enjoy half off your entree—up to a $20 value—on your special day at The Butler! (Dine-in only. Only valid on birthday with driver’s license or birth certificate. Not valid in combination with other offers.)
Historic Charm with Lakefront Views
Our building has been a Saugatuck landmark since 1892. Enjoy the charm of our historic former inn while digging into some delicious seafood and modern American cuisine. Soak up spectacular views of Lake Kalamazoo harbor, boardwalk, and boats while dining on our deck.
Join Club RedWater
Join Club RedWater to unlock exclusive discounts and monthly deals applicable to all 10 RedWater restaurants.
- Twelve Months of Rewards, Valued at Over $250!
- 10% off Food and Beverage Purchases
- 12 Exclusive Deals (Over a $250 Value)
Join Our Team
Who We Are
Established in 1961, The Butler has deep roots in the Saugatuck and Douglas community. This historic former inn turned family-run eatery serves as one of the oldest restaurants in Saugatuck and is now part of the RedWater Restaurants family.
Whether you’re looking for a part-time job or a career in the hospitality industry, there is no better team to join than RedWater! Join us in carrying on The Butler tradition of remarkable food, service, and hospitality on the lakeshore.
- Positive, team-oriented workplace with great growth opportunities
- Flexible scheduling with both part-time and full-time positions available
- Competitive compensation
- 401k with partial match for full-time employees after 1 year
- Healthcare benefits for full-time employees
- Discounts at all RedWater Restaurants
- Snap Fitness discounts at select locations
- Discounted golf at RedWater Golf Clubs
See what we've got going on at The Butler!
There are no upcoming happenings at The Butler.